So guys you want to Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo? Here is the full guide on How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5. The Moto E5 is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core processor and it comes with 2GB of RAM. After reading this you can Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo. Before install read pre-requirements, advantage and features of Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto E5. You can also Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Motorola Moto E5. The phone packs 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Moto E5 packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Moto E5 is powered by a 4000mAh non removable battery. It measures 154.40 x 72.20 x 8.95 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 174.00 grams.
- 1 How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5
- 1.1 What Is Lineage OS?
- 1.2 What Is Android Oreo?
- 1.3 Pre-Requirements before Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo
- 1.4 Advantages and Features of Android 8.1 Oreo Update for Motorola Moto E5
- 1.5 Download Section
- 1.6 How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5 |Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto E5
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5
Before installing, first of all, let’s know What is Lineage OS and What is Android Oreo.
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS Android Distribution is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as Lineage OS. LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project.
What Is Android Oreo?
Android 8.x “Oreo” is a version of the Android mobile operating system. It was first released as an alpha quality developer preview in March 2017 and released to the public on August 21, 2017. It contains a number of major features, including notification grouping, picture-in-picture support for video, performance improvements and battery usage optimization, and support for auto fillers, Bluetooth 5, system-level integration with VoIP apps, wide color gamuts, and Wi-Fi Aware.
Pre-Requirements before Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo
- This Oreo Update Custom Rom is only for Motorola Moto E5. Don’t try this method to flash any other devices
- Make a backup of your all important data, file and other for security. Follow this guide to take Backup of your Android Device without Root.
- Download Latest Motorola USB Drivers from Here.
- Make sure your Motorola Moto E5 battery life is more than 60%
- Must install TWRP Recovery before Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo. Follow this guide to install TWRP Recovery.
Advantages and Features of Android 8.1 Oreo Update for Motorola Moto E5
- Picture in Picture Mode
- New Android O Emoji
- Advanced Doze Mode
- Auto Fill Password
- New Notification UI
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5 |Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Motorola Moto E5
1. First of all, Download all the files which links are above.
2. Now, Your Motorola Moto E5 must have installed TWRP Recovery. If you already installed then skip this step.
3. Now Press and Hold “Volume Down + Power Button” to Boot your Device into Recovery Mode.
4. You will see so many options on screen, So tap on the Wipe>AdvancedWipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and click and swipe.
5. After that select and click on Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm it.
6. Now swipe to install ROM zip file and Flash zip file.
7. Now wait for installation complete of zip file.
8. After all process, Tap on Reboot your Device.
9. All Done!!
Congratulations! You successfully Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E5. If you have any problems while Update Motorola Moto E5 to Android 8.1 Oreo, then comment below. Follow us on social media for more updates. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask in comments.
Have a Good Day!! DroidBreak Team