Want to flash stock firmware on your MediaTek phone using the SP Flash Tool but do not know much about SP Flash Tool. Installing stock or custom ROM using SP Flash Tool may damage or hard brick your device if you don’t have complete knowledge about flashing stock firmware using SP Flash Tool.
In this guide we will discuss in details about what is SP Flash Tool and how you can use it to flash stock firmware on your MediaTek phone using the SP Flash Tool.
Whenever it comes to flash stock firmware on smartphones, we found a good number of methods to install stock firmware on an android device however, some of them are tough to follow and confusing as well. Even, most of the methods are complicated and if you are flashing stock firmware on your MediaTek phone got rid first time then they may really demotivate you.
But don’t worry because we are here. Here in the article have provided an easy to follow and quickest way to flash stock firmware on your MediaTek phone using SP Flash Tool. Just make sure to give complete reading the below article with patience in order to not miss any important information.
What is SP Flash Tool?
Before following further procedure, the very first thing is to know that what is SP Flash Tool because when you know how to put basic seeding of a house then you can build a whole mansion. Basically, SP Tool is used when we need to unbrick any MediaTek based android smartphone. In other words, using SP Flash Tool you can easily flash stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android device.
If your device got stuck or hard bricked due to installation of buggy/incompatible custom ROM or Mod or you want to sell your phone or you want to install an official OTA update on your android device then you can use SP Flash Tool to flash stock ROM or stock firmware on your android device
What is Stock Firmware?
Whenever, we buy a new android device, it is packed with the stock firmware or android OS provided by the phone’s manufacturing brand. This stock firmware is stable and bug less. Anyone will find a fluent performance on stock firmware but due to limited features of stock firmware, we give preference to custom ROMs but the key point to keep in mind that stock Rom or stock firmware are more stable than custom ROMs.
So, if you have already tried a number of Custom ROMs and now, bored with them or missing the interface of stock firmware then you can use SP Flash Tool to flash stock firmware/ ROM on your MediaTek based android smartphone.
Why You need to Flash Stock Firmware using SP Flash Tool
There are a number of reasons due to which you will need to flash stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android smartphone. The reason might be:-
1. If your MediaTek based android phone is facing bootloop issue then you can go with flashing stock firmware on your MediaTek based android phone.
2. Even, if you want to unroot your MediaTek based android phone then you will find SP Flash Tool and Flashing stock firmware using it as the best solution.
3. Facing software related issues might be the reason that you need to flash stock firmware on your MediaTek phone.
4. If your MediaTek phone is stuck on boot logo then you must flash stock firmware on your MediaTek phone using SP Flash Tool.
5. Don’t remember your phone’s unlocking password, pin, pattern or fingerprint then can go with flashing stock firmware with SP Flash Tool.
6. Your phone is already hard bricked because of installation of wrong custom ROM or buggy ROM then nothing is better than flashing stock firmware using SP Flash Tool.
- This guide is only for a MediaTek based android device.
- Make sure to have a complete backup of your device because flashing stock firmware using SP Flash Tool will erase everything in your device. Check here How to take backup of any android device without root.
- Charge your MediaTek device to at least 75%.
- A USB cable and a Windows computer.
- Good working internet connection to download all the required files.
- All required USB drivers must be installed on your computer.
- VCOM drivers must be installed on your computer. You can download VCOM drivers.
- We will not responsible if you brick your device. So, make sure to read and follow this guide strictly.
Make sure to have a good working internet connection. Now, you have to download following files on your desktop computer.
Steps to Flash Firmware on MediaTek based android phone using SP Flash Tool
1. First of all, make sure that you have completed all steps of prerequisites.
2. Now, download the stock firmware of your device from the download section.
3. Here, download the SP Flash Tool from download section as well.
4. Now, you have to extract the downloaded stock firmware .zip file. You can extract it on your desktop for better navigation.
5. Now, you have to extract the downloaded SP Flash Tool .zip file.
6. Here, open the extracted folder and look for flash_tool.exe file. Now, run this file as administrator.
7. Install SP Flash Tool and open it.
8. Once, SP Flash Tool is opened, click on Download tab.
9. Now click on Scatter Loading Menu. Here browse and select the scatter file from extracted stock ROM folder.
10. Here, you have to load the scatter.txt file.
11. Once, you have loaded the scatter file then click on the Download button.
12. Here, you will need to remove the battery of your phone and press and hold Volume up and Volume down button together.
13. Now, connect your device to computer until it shows connected.
14. Just Click on Start button.
15. Here, the installation process will begin.
16. Just, Sit back and relax. Have patience, let the installation process complete. It may take around 4-5 minutes to get the stock firmware installation complete.
17. After the installation gets completed, you will find a pop-up window message showing a green button.
18. Now, you can unplug your MediaTek based android smartphone and reboot it.
19. Voila!! You have successfully installed stock firmware on your MediaTek based android smartphone using SP Flash Tool. Enjoy!!
Here, you have successfully installed stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android phone using the SP Flash Tool. Now, your android phone may take around 4-5 minutes to get boot completed because this is the first boot after stock firmware installation your device.
Few More Words
Here we have provided the complete guide to easily and quickly flash stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android smartphone using the SP Flash Tool. We hope this article helped you. Don’t forget to comment below guys if you face any problem while flashing stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android smartphone using the SP Flash Tool.
Also, let us know if you are aware of any other best method to flash stock firmware or stock ROM on your MediaTek based android smartphone.